Monday, April 11, 2011

The Last 3 1/2 Months

I recently went off birth control in January. I knew that my body would need some time to adjust and my doctor told me that things might feel different for a little while until my body adjusts to the change. And I was warned by my best friend that things would be out of whack for a while but I had no idea....I thought that I would be exempt from these things for some reason, but I was mistaken. I went on bc when I was 18 and now 12 years later I guess I didn't realize how much it changed my body.
Some things I am now experiencing-
Pimples- I have never been one to get pimples but I definitely have a few here and there now. It's very weird for me since I made it all the way through high school without them.
Weight gain- I needed this like I need a hole in my head. I have always struggled with my weight and I'm thrilled to announce that I've gained roughly 15 lbs in 3 months! You have no idea how happy it makes me that while the hormone surges are occurring, I also have to be fat while they happen.
Hormone surges- I have always been emotional and known to cry even during a commercial, but I feel like I have lost a little control with my mood swings. PMS- I never had PMS but I do now!
Adrenaline surges- this one is weird for me- maybe it's more like panic attacks in small doses or just small bursts of adrenaline but out of no where my body slightly tingles and then my heart pounds and I sweat a little and then it's gone.
Sweating- I'm always freezing! Lately I've been sweating. I don't get it.
Cramps- oh dear lord. It's as though I'm 14 all over again. The cramps are so bad! I forgot about this.
Leaky faucet- I'll leave this one to your imagination.
Burning Nipples- yes I said it. They burn sometimes. They burn and ache so bad that I can't even touch them. As a matter of fact I almost wore a my bra into the shower because the water beating on them was agony. I don't know what this is about but I can do without it.
Dry Scalp- I know...where did this one come from? I have no idea. My head itches though.

No comments:

Post a Comment