Sunday, July 4, 2010
Augie vs. Jenna
Fishing is something that I have started to really enjoy doing. I never thought that I would, and before I met Aug my fishing was limited to a Mickey Mouse pole on Canandaigua Lake when I was about 8 years old. I caught a sunfish and we put it on a way-too-small bowl. I decided later that I wanted the fish to live and by that time it was too late. I threw the fish back in the lake and it floated under the dock. I felt bad and didn't fish again after that. Aug is a huge fisherman. He has taught me a lot about fishing and besides having to wake up at 4am to go fishing, I actually enjoy it. It's like Christmas every time you catch a fish- you never know what you're going to pull out of the water. So this last time that we went fishing was like every time we go fishing- Aug catches a hog and my fish is about 4 inches long. This isn't just one time...this is every time...I mean, every fish he catches is a monster and every fish I catch is tiny. The best part is that it takes effort to reel in a fish and my fish that are 4 inches actually take some strength to reel in. I always joke with him that if I caught a fish any bigger it would pull me in the water. The other thing is, when we go fishing I always make it a competitive marathon of who can catch more fish and even though I always catch the first fish (I think he lets me do that) and I catch around 15 fish in a few hours, and sometimes I am even up on his number, he always catches up and pretty much doubles my number. I'm on to his game!
As you can see that he is holding my fish and I am not. It's not that I won't touch the fish, it's that they have a million little sharp teeth and they cut your fingers all up and then how will I knit the whole way home if I have cut up fishy fingers? As usual...on this day of fishing...Augie won.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment