Monday, June 7, 2010
Unexpected Treats On My Front Porch
I came home from work last week and I could tell that Aug was up to something because he was texting to see exactly what time I would be home. Aug is huge on surprises and he knew that I wanted rocking chairs for the front porch so I could sit and knit and watch the 3 cars go by every hour on our quiet country street. I pulled up to the end of our driveway (which is 290 feet long) and I could see the rocking chair and table already. I flew down the driveway and ran to sit in it. I love it!!!! He knows that I love that rustic wood feel to everything and he picked one out that he could actually sit in and not feel like he was going to break every time he sat down. He put the chair and table together for me before I got home from work. What a wonderful surprise! I'm so lucky to have him! BTW- The woman who did the gardening before me not only actually had a green thumb but loved the filled in look, so The garden really is weeded, there are just a million flowers and plants in it. I'm surprised I haven't blogged about my landscaping yet. On our 5 acres, about 1/4 of an acre is landscaping alone. I love the flowers and plants, but I am not really into the whole- spend your entire weekend pulling weeds thing. I am getting used to it though. I think my problem is that I look into the flower beds and what I would think is a weed turns into a beautiful flower and weeds look like flowers and it all looks the same to me. I don't know the names of anything or how to take care of them. Good thing my next door neighbor does- because she'll come over and start pulling weeds and showing me what I need to get rid of, otherwise I'd be lost!
I went to the garden store to buy those hanging plants last weekend with my mom and when I came home, a good friend of ours had left me these beautiful flower on my front porch in a vase. I was so happy and excited to see them because I love unexpected flowers! They are so beautiful and smell so yummy on my kitchen table. I literally smell them every single day and they're still alive and the buds are still blooming! Why couldn't the lady plant a nice tree like this in one of my 20 landscaped beds? How about a lilac tree? Hydrangea bush? Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for kind friends dropping off unexpected flowers on my front porch...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment