Monday, June 28, 2010

Watkins Glen Day Trip

Aug and I took a day trip to Watkins Glen State Park over the weekend. I have been coming here for many years and love it. I love to hike through the Glen and see all the gorgeous scenery. It was fun to come with Aug since he has never been here.
We stopped here and did that thing where you ask total strangers to take your picture. They didn't seem very happy about it. I'm not sure why that's such a big deal for people. It takes all of 30 seconds out of your day to preserve someones memory forever. I don't see what the big deal is. Thanks to the people who took the picture for us though!
 Pictures don't do this place any justice. You have to see it in person it's just beautiful.


My nature boy was pointing little minnows and water snakes out to me. All the times that I've been here I never noticed anything living in the water. My nature boy notices all that good stuff!
 
Here is a water snake that Aug found.
I usually take this trip with my Dad, but he just had his 2nd knee surgery so he wasn't going to make the trip this year. This cute pier is right next to the restaurant that we eat outside at when we visit. I think this little pier is so welcoming and friendly looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment